Thursday, July 19, 2018

ASP 2018 in Namibia - Experience by Adriano Pamain

My name is Adriano Pamain from Tanzania. I am a PhD student at University of Dodoma, Tanzania. My current research is on Photo-voltaic in which I am characterizing and modeling the Performance of different PV technologies. I did my Masters in Material Science and Engineering at Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology and my Research was in Natural Dyes Co Sensitization in Solar Cells Application: Uv-Vis Spectra and Outdoor Photo-voltaic Performance.   

Being among participants of the African School of Physics and Application (ASP-2018) I would like to thank the Member of the International Organizing Committee under leadership of Professor Ketevi Adikle Assamagan for granting me the opportunity to participate in this amazing event. Thanks also go to the local organizing committee under leadership of Dr. Eli Kasai for helping us in many situations and adaptation to Namibian environment including food and weather condition. They did a wonderful job for arranging good excursion during weekend days and we really enjoyed it. Thanks to UNAM students assistant for everything they did for us. Lastly but important thanks to our Sponsors who always make this school possible.
It was my first time to participate this wonderful professional event.  I have been really exposed to many things especially on fundamental physics and its applications. It was quite amazing and fascinating to meet different experienced lecturers and speakers from different remarkable institutions all over the world. I cannot explain enough their commitment for ASP through their lectures and tutorial provided.  The knowledge we got from them will be remembered forever.
I also got to meet so many wonderful students from Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Benin, Egypt, Togo, Senegal, Madagascar, Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Sudan, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Brazzaville, South Africa, USA and Namibia.   They greatly inspired me a lot both socially and academically through their area of specialization in Physics.
As a special added value, this school gave me an opportunity to network with these colleagues, which is an exceptional opportunity for horizontal exchange of experience. I am  looking forward to meet them in future.





3 comments:

  1. ASP2018 was really a success. Not only did it improve my academic awareness, but also linked me to amazing people from different countries. Before ASP 2018, Africa appeared to be a very big continent, but now, I really feel we are just from different locations around the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blessed to be part of ASP 2018.


    African School of Physics
    Collaboration of Giants
    Assembly of Brains
    Though Africans; yet intelligent

    I thought it was too short
    I discovered it was just sufficient
    THREE WEEKS!!!
    Sufficient to build the giant in me
    Sufficient to leave my level of ignorance

    African School of Physics
    A gathering of answers
    Answers unbelievable; yet experimental & theoretical
    They said it is up there
    Reaching me; interacting with me
    I believe them because they've discovered it and I've not

    LHC; CMS; ALICE; ATLAS
    I've heard a lot about you guys
    Hoping to see you one day
    Always remember, there's a lot to do than you have achieved
    Brace up and never get tired

    Grow up!!!
    Resounds in my heart daily
    Join this assembly of Brains
    Working out the results
    Solving the problems

    Thank you ASP
    For confirming my definition of Physics

    PHYSICS - The Science of Life


    Fajemisin Jesutofunmi Ayo
    Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete